Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Review: Simply Cardmaking & Papercraft - Issue 121

Sooo, sorry this is late today.  I had intended on writing it at lunchtime yesterday, but lunchtime never really happened and it was far too late by the time I got home and sorted to sit at my laptop and type, so I am attempting at lunchtime today.

This issue is already in the shops, but I have just been useless at sitting down to write the review, but here goes . . .

This issue comes with a free 'Happy Birthday' die for using on your projects.  I've not used mine yet, but there are some great ideas in the magazine.  My favourite, and one I think I will have to make is 'distressed dots', which looks really simple and has some really cute pins.

The cards in For The Girls are really pretty and use papers from LOTV, which I meant to get when I went to the shop on Saturday, but totally forgot and got a different paper pad instead.  I might send my sister or I suppose I could get someone to take me on Friday when I have the day off work, or it could just wait until next month . . . hmmmmm.  I do wish they would open every Saturday instead of just once a month.  Anyway, I want these papers because I really want to make one of the cards - Star Birthday, as I love the simplicity of the card and the colours of the papers work amazingly for a girl's birthday card.

There are some gorgeous cards in Embossed Sparkle which uses heat embossing, with embossing powders, embossing ink and grunge paste.

Other projects this issue include:
  • Stampin' Up Cards
  • Eastern Promise from Hunkydory (which they were out of stock of when I tried to order a couple of weeks ago)
  • Fast & Feminine has some quick girly cards, but not too pink and pretty
  • Stamp your own medallion patterns
  • Quick and simple cards for men
  • 50th birthday cards
Giveaways this issue include:
  • Sizzix Big Shot
  • Clover bow makers
  • book, Joy of Cardmaking
  • Glitter Express sequins
The next ssue is out on 27th March and comes with some embossing folders.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget