Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 - A Day For Daisies

Soooo, it is Wednesday, which means that it is time for another challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2, and this week we have a great sketch for you to work with:


We are sponsored by one of our more regular sponsors, A Day For Daisies:

A DAY FOR DAISIES provides themed categories of over 1000 fun and whimsical digital images, including fairy tales and magical mermaids, cutie kids, vintage illustrations, sentiments and lovely designs for all occasions!



So, as is typical of me, my card turned out absolutely nothing like I had planned in my head (I was aiming for My Fair Lady, but didn't quite manage that), but I still think it turned out OK:


I coloured my image with promarkers, after choosing my papers, therefore making sure the colours matched.  I decided to go as decadent as I could for this card, as I think that the image required it, so deep colours with damask-style papers.

I made the grey card to layer the image and the yellow paper onto by using white card and just colouring the edges with a grey spectrum noir.

To finish the card, I added a purpley-pink satin flower to the bottom left-hand corner of the image, with a purple pearl to either side.  I also added a purple pearl in the opposite corner, with a smaller yellow pearl at either side.  I also added gems in each corner of the card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! The image reminds me of Eliza from My Fair Lady :D Thanks for playing along with us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenges. Have a wonderful day and good luck! Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Holly, I love your card! I love the rich vibrant magenta color you used for her hat and scarf! And the yellow gold is a perfect color to make your image just pop! Nice job! Hope you are doing well! Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. She turned out really quite lovely!! Very vintage. Love the papers you used too. Gorgeous indeed.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like her (if it makes you feel any better, my mind's eye cards are MUCH better than reality!) Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant, love the papers and pearls.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely classic elegance! Thank-you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore Use a stamped or digi stamped element #3, Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous creation!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
    Be sure to check out The Bug Blog for our new LUCKY Challenge that starts today! We hope you’ll join the fun!!!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min: Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous vintage feel to your card Holly. Have a fabulous weekend.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning! Love the bold elegant colors you've used!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  11. The damask lime papers set off your image perfectly!! Brilliant choice!! Lovely card Holly!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your beautifully elegant card for Crafting Musketeers 'art deco' challenge, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers - you could also enter this into my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper March challenge - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Holly lovely card, this is such a great image with that old vintage feel, I loved when I used it last year in a very similar colour combo. Pretty design papers. Take care.
    Hugs
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great. Thanks for joining us at crafting Musketeers xx Jan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget