Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 - Doodle Pantry

Soooo, it's Wednesday, which means that it is time for a new challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

This week we are are sponsored by the guys over at Doodle Pantry:


Hello, my name is Laurie.   I'm just a regular Joe crafter.  While trying to

find digital images that met my own crafting needs, I decided to draw some
of my own, as I had so many unique (weird!) ideas that I just couldn't
locate elsewhere.   I sincerely hope something I've done inspires you to go
create something to bring a smile to someone else and hope you enjoy
creating to your hearts content with some of my doodles.. ~Laurie


And we have a brilliant sketch from our very own Sally:


I found this sketch lovely to use and I even turned it on the side as I had chosen an image which is more suited to a landscape orientation rather than portrait.

I coloured my image using watercolour pencils, but I decided against adding the water, leaving just the pencil-coloured effect, as I like the sketchy feel it has now.  I then cut it to a rectangle and layered this onto some kraft card.


My papers are all from an LOTV paper pad, which I now consider my 'boy papers'.

To make the little banners, I made this as one panel using up scraps of kraft card and some spotty paper.

The twine wrapping the panel is from my stash and now nearly run out.  I can't remember where I got it from, so recommendations of places to buy pretty twine are welcome please.

This was a really simple card to make and I would like to enter it into the following challenges:

Allsorts - Sport (hope motorsport counts)

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

15 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Holly!!! Perfectly masculine.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to turn the sketch on it's side. It looks just as good that way as the original! Really cute Holly. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for this weeks theme, thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous male card. Love your layout and papers. Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card for our Sport theme this week Holly, thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Holly I like how you turned this sketch it works perfect with your image. Take care and have a lovely week. We're having a storm here at present it was a cyclone call Lusi but has been down graded.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the image you've used. Thanks for joining the fun at TTPH.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, fun image and super papers. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you turned the sketch on its side. And, the watercolor pencils give it a nice effect. Have a great weekend.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card with your papers and image!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!
    Hugs' xx
    Jackie - LTC owner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Holly, this card makes me think of my dear friend who passed away one year ago... She LOVED pink and rode a motorcycle - oh how she would have LOVED this card!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, love the pencil colouring, thanks for sharing with us at Through the Purple Haze, Lynne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on the sketch you've used! this is a fab card! Thank you for joining us at Love to Create Challenge this week! Mo xxx
    Why not link up at the Anything Goes challenge at Left of Center this month for a chance to lots of prizes from some amazing sponsors! http://leftofcenterchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/p/loc-1st-anniversary-challenge-starting.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colours! Lovely card, thanks for sharing with us over at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.
    Eithne DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great image, love how you colored it. Awesome take on the sketch you had to work with. Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Designs almost month long Anything Goes Challenge. Hugs, Sharon/DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget