Monday, 21 April 2014

Baby Bunny

Soooo, now that I am finding some time to craft again, I am on a bit of a roll, and today I would like to share with you a card I made this morning before sitting down to some more sewing.  This is for a colleague at work, Ross, who's wife recently gave birth to a baby girl and this card will be from everyone, so I made it an 8x8 card, to give everyone room  to sign it.


To make this card, I used the sketch over at The Sweetest Thing and a large LOTV mini masterpiece.  I must start to be careful with my collection of these as I am running out and I can't get anymore :-(  I love the little bunny on this one and think that it makes a great image for new baby card.  I layered this onto some gauze, which I love using (when I remember that I have it that is!).  I think that it immediately adds a shabby chic look to a card.

The papers are also all LOTV, from the bear necessities pad.

I stitched all my layers together - I had pink cotton already in my machine, do though why not.  It also ties in with the faux stitching on the paper I used to make the banner along the bottom.

After putting the sketch together, I started to decorate.  This was pretty simple.  I stamped a 'new baby sentiment' in the top right hand corner using brushed corduroy distress ink.  I then used victorian velvet distress ink to stamp a little butterfly underneath to match the main image.  This is a little bit hidden by some gauze, but I think that adds to the shabby chic look.

I then added a little white button in each of the remaining corners.  When looking in my button jar for these, I found a little pink heart button, which I added to the top left-hand corner of the image.  Finally, I cut out a little heart from the left over scrap of paper from the banner and added this to the bottom right-hand corner of the image.

I hope everyone at work likes it, and I hope even more that Ross and his wife like it.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


Cupcake Inspirations
photo inspiration

17 comments:

  1. Hi Holly, first of all let me start out with my DT comment: Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenge this week. Now, to my own personal comments to you: This is a gorgeous baby card. I love the layout...and truthfully, your sewing is remarkable. It's just great! I think paper piecing the wings on the butterfly is what makes this card just grab my eye....it's a GREAT idea on a butterfly that size and gives the card dimension and more color. Stamping on the DP is a great idea and gave the paper more "oomph", too. The cheesecloth gives this card a 'soft' look, too. Love your use of the 4 buttons, too. This card is just so pretty and sweet. Great card. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! I love all the added attention to detail that is just perfect and nice shabby look with the gauze too! Thanks for joining us the week in The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredibly cute...... love everything about it... thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter challenge.... xo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fantastic. The image is so sweet and I like the colours and banner.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Paasion.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very cute looking card. Adorable. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute card - the image is gorgeous and the layers look Fab - thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week and good luck! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card, lovely image and details
    thanks fro sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous baby card I love all your attention to detail. Thanks for sharing with The Paper Shelter, good luck! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing card with lots of surprises in the making. The image is so cute. Thank you for coloring along with us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards.

    Nadja DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful.....anyone would be so grateful to receive that so im sure the girl in your work will love it..

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  11. super fabulous baby card. I adore the layout, details, colors and that image is just calling for a hug. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation with us at Creative Knockouts Furry Friends.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another adorable baby bunny card! Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations! Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty distressed card!! Cute image, too!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  15. just gorgeous, thanks for joining us at created with love challenges, good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling! Love the little added touches you've added! So glad you joined Cupcake Inspirations' Bunny challenge!
    Hugs, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and such a cute image. Thanks for joining the fun at TTPH.xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget