Saturday, 26 April 2014

Birthday Balloons

Sooo, today I have had a very lazy day and done no crafting whatsoever - I went to the post office, then got home, supervised the husband tidying up whilst cursing at EE (they have been rubbish since I swapped from Orange) then we went to the pub for a couple.  On getting home, I fell asleep, waking up in time to do a little digi stamp designing (OK, so I did a tiny bit of crafting), had tea, now I'm sat watching Madagascar and decided I best do some blogging, as although I haven't done much crafting today, I have been very busy recently with various projects, and am slowly finishing off all those half-done projects I had on the go.

First up is a quick card I made for a colleague this week:


I made this card using a LOTV statement stamp, stamped using chipped sapphire distress ink.

I then layered this onto some red card.

I then stamped three little balloons from my stash, again using chipped sapphire.  I drew red lines using a fine liner for their strings.

I finished the card by adding red gems in each corner.

I love the simplicity of this card, which really makes the great LOTV sentiment stand out.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


I'll no doubt be back with some more cards soon.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

11 comments:

  1. This is a great CAS card. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Cards for a Young Boy Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal QKR Stampede DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a CAS card you have created! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card and thank you for joinng us at The Paper Shelter.
    Hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card.....
    Thanks for playing along with us at TPS and good luck in the draw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the distressed look of the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your use of red really makes this card "pop". Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely :) thanks for joining penny s challenge 174 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Holly, doesn't need anything else!

    Thanks for joining our '10th Birthday' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your CAS card is simply adorable. Thanks for joining us for the Bugaboo Colour Challenge this week, We wish you good luck in the draw and hope to see you enter more of your lovely creations again soon!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    DT - BUGABOO STAMPS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the simplicity!
    We’re so glad you could play along with us this week for the The Bug Color Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
    Don’t forget to check out The Bug Blog for our new Challenge that starts tomorrow! We hope you’ll join the fun!!!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min: Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget