Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Fabulous Fifty

Sooooo, today I would like to share with you a card I made for my auntie's 50th birthday at the weekend.

My sister gave my auntie this card, as I couldn't make it to her surprise party due to being sat in minor injuries with the hubby, as someone had knocked him off his bike.  They told us that he was just bruised, but then rang again last night to say they now think it is fractured and he has to go to the fracture clinic this morning, probably to have it put in pot.  Otherwise, he is pretty bruised with a fair few cuts and bruises, but OK.


Anyway, back to the card.  My sister said it needed to be special, as her and my auntie are quite close, so I decided to make a larger than normal card, so I made an 8x8 card.  

I don't know why, but I like to leave a large amount of white space on the larger cards, focusing on the image, or in this case sentiment.  I'm not sure what made me go with pink, but with pink I went.  

I stamped the sentiment (from LOTVs 'fabulous' sentiments set) in worn lipstick distress ink and then cut this into a rectangle.  I layered this onto some craft gauze and then onto some pink card.

I took the scrap of pink card left and used some glitter paste and a template to glitter up a '50' which I then cut out.  This was the first time I used the glitter paste, which I bought at the Harrogate GNPE a few weeks ago, but I intend to use it a lot more and will be sharing some projects hopefully in the near future, although I do have a lot of sewing projects on at the moment.

Anyway, I then set about decorating the card.  First off, I decided to use up a scrap of pink spotty ribbon, which I made into a bow.  I then picked out two pink heart pins from my stash.  I then raided my flower stash, picking out as many pink flowers as I could.  I made an arrangement from a large pink rose and a few other flowers, made it into a corner and attached this to the top right-hand corner of the sentiment.  I added the pins behind this and the bow to hide where the pins crossed.

I then twisted two more flowers together and attached these to the card diagonally opposite the larger flower arrangement.

To finish, I added large pink gems to each corner of the card and three smaller gems to the uncovered corners of the sentiment.

I hope my auntie liked the card.

I would like to enter it into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

The Pink Elephant
photo inspiration
Cupcake Inspirations
photo inspiration






11 comments:

  1. Ohh my, hope your hubby is okay!

    What a pretty card, I'm sure she'll love it :) Thanks for playing with us at The Shabby Tea Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, love those flowers and what a great 50th card. Nice details, great job!
    Thanks for playing our challenge at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog.

    Leanne DT@LTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and elegant card. Love colors and details. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges. hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely feminine card! So glad you joined our monochromatic challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Hugs, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a SUPER fun card!!! LOVE the sentiment and all your other embellishments, too! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! :) HUGS and have a great rest of the week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Your aunt will treasure this creation! So glad to hear that your hubby is ok! Thanks for sharing this special card with us at Pile it On.
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card.The pink against the white is striking and the embellishments so pretty.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, 50 is fab and this is a spiffy card for a spiffy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card! Your Aunt should love it! THanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! I'm sure your aunt will love it. Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card :)
    Thanks for joining us at the shabby tea room :)
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget