Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Happy Birthday Sister!

Sooo, yesterday was my sister's birthday, which means that I finally get to share the card I made her a few weeks ago:


I made this using a LOTV sentiment stamp, stamped in distress ink.  I also followed a sketch over at the LOTV blog, where they have a new sketch every Saturday now.

I then layered the stamped panel onto some craft gauze (I love using craft gauze - it makes everything so pretty), then some flocked paper from my stash - This was a freebie at some point from a magazine but it was ages ago and I can't remember which.  I then layered this into some aqua paper.  

I wrapped the whole panel with some blue organza ribbon along the left hand side, but I don't think it shows up very well in the photos.  This was kindly donated to my stash by my friend, Mandy, following her wedding last year.

I decided to leave some white space on the card, so didn't cover it like I usually would.

Once the panel was fixed to the card, I added the finishing touches - the large blue organza bow at the bottom, blue flat backed pearls and some little flowers on the left hand side.

I then decided that this was good enough for my sister for her birthday, so I added 'sister' in gold sparkly letters along the top of the stamped panel.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous, love the combo
    thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly...you're Sister must have been THRILLED with this card!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Fussy and Fancy "Shabby Chic"!!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation thanks for joining us at Left of Centre Challenges. Kay (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely love the colours used! it looks great!
    thank you for joining us at LOC
    Rachel, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card!! love it! Thanks for joining us at Left of Center Creative Challenges this fortnight! Why not check out our latest challenge starting today! Mo dt coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully executed! What a stunning card, thank you for sharing over at Lacy Sunshine,Hugs Kerry DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget