Saturday, 26 April 2014

Howdy Cowboy

Soooo, this is a card I made a bit ago, but haven't had chance to share until now.


I made this card using a LOTV mini masterpiece.  I love this image, so I have added it to my wish list to be bought in due course, when I have some pennies to go on a proper spending spree in the shop.

I tried to keep the card pretty simple, so layered the image into some kraft card, and then used just one paper, which is from the LOTV cakes and candles pad.

I decorated the card by added some blue baker's twine to the top.

I also die-cut some feathers using my new Joy! feather dies.  I used a scrap of paper from the same paper pad.  

I then stamped a happy birthday sentiment onto craft card, using chipped sapphire distress ink (I love this colour), then cut this out to the shape of the sentiment,

To finish, I added two tiny blue gems to the corners of the image not already covered and three larger gems to the bottom right-hand corner of the card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx






10 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card, so cute and great papers too. Thanks for joining us this week for our “Cards for a Young Boy Challenge.” Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal QKR Stampede DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great male card. Love that image and you have coloured it beautifully. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Shelter.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a totally great boy card...that image is just darling...roping the puppy is too funny! Thank you for linking up to STB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely LOTV image and a super card, thanks for sharing it with us at Catch the bug, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very different from the previous card Holly but I love this one too!

    Thanks for joining our '10th Birthday' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww sweetie this is just gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly, this card is adorable. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project, very cute!! Thanks so much for joining us for our April Color Challenge at Catch the Bug, I hope you join us again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wOW ... you have been busy - your colouring on this card is super! Thanks for joining us for the Bugaboo Colour Challenge this week, We wish you good luck in the draw and hope to see you enter more of your lovely creations again soon!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    DT - BUGABOO STAMPS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card! Fabulous details. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget