Sunday, 20 April 2014

So Sorry

Soooo, now I'm trying to catch up on some of my blogging, but this may be the last one tonight as I'm getting sleepy.


This is a large 8x8 card which I made for our lovely marketing assistant, Patrick, who left us a couple of weeks ago (apologies that this is the first time I have had chance to share this).

Masculine cards can be difficult, so I like to stick with a CAS style, which I also find easier on the larger cards anyway.

I got the hubby to design the sentiment for me on his posh software for doing these things.  I'm thinking of maybe designing a few more as digi stamps and selling these - I am still considering this though as I'm not sure what the demand would be like.  I did, however, like this card so much that I have put it in my Etsy shop, which can be found here.

Anyway, I printed this out quite large and cut the piece of card to a square.

I then layered this onto some patterned paper.  I used up some scraps from my LOTV candles and cakes paper pad.  I then layered this onto some red card.

I attached this to the card and then added red and blue sequin stars from my stash to each corner of the card (to match the colour theme I had created).  To finish the card, I added gems to each corner of the sentiment - the opposite colour to the stars in the corresponding card corner.

I hope Patrick liked his card, and the present we bought him (Harvey Nichols vouchers).  We will miss him.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

9 comments:

  1. Aww, this card is so me.. hahahaa... In fact I'm gonna leave Crafty Sentiments DT soon which make me so sad... :(
    This card is beautifully made, with sweet details.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments, Holly. Wish to see you again next week :)
    Hugs, Mikha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for Linking Up at Pause Dream Enjoy. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    ~DT Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great link up! Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Jackie dt @ Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the sentiment too!
    Thanks for playing at The Crafting Cafe this month!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at crafty sentiments.
    I hope you will join in with our new challenge that started today (fancy folds)
    Hugs Kelly DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sentiment! Thanks for linking up with Crafty Playtime!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the font for your sentiment. I think they would be good sellers!

    Thanks for sharing this gorgeous CAS card with us at both

    Lin
    Hobby Cutz
    and at
    Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, this is lovely! You have done a fab job making the sentiment the focus. Thank you for joining our "Say it with Words" challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at 4 Krafty Girlz -hope to see you again for a furture challenge. hugs Angelie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget