Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Bugaboo

Soooo, Wednesday has rolled around again, and this week that means that it is time for my return to the design team for the challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2, and this week we are sponsored by (drum roll please):





Everything That You Ever Wanted to Know About Bugaboo Stamps: As if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the world of papercrafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations. That was two years ago. Today Bugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing! From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects. Jodie works very hard to provide New Releases and Freebies every week!
If your taste runs to rubber (and you know who you are), you can findBugaboo Stamps stamps at Totally Stampalicious. And finally, join theBugaboo Stamps DT for weekly challenges at Catch the Bug.
Our links are:
Store : http://www.bugaboostamps.com/
Catch the bug Challenge blog: http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/

We have an amazing sketch for you to create with this week, which is actually a bit of a blast from the past:


My image from Bugaboo, as you can probably imagine. was actually quite easy to colour in, the little bit that I did I used spectrum noirs for.  When I saw this image, I just knew I had to have it - it just reminded me of Joey from Friends ("how you doin?!"), which has to be the best TV show ever - over ten years since it finished I still love to watch the re-runs and they never fail to make me laugh, even though I could probably quote each episode.  

I decided to use spring 'fresh' colours - yellow and green, for my backing papers.  I also decided to use texture rather than pattern on this card.


The papers are all from my stash and the ribbon is actually some raffia from the latest kit from Papercrafter, from which I also made a little bow.

Unfortunately, I now realise that I haven't followed the sketch very well - I forgot the sentiment and the gems.  I am so easily confused and forgetful at the  moment!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx




12 comments:

  1. Great card this week Holly! I giggled when you referenced Joey. My hubby STILL quotes Joey-isms to me. I too can quote the show (and can easily determine WHICH episode it is within minutes of tuning in!) Sorry to see you leaving us. Hope life calms down soon.

    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little "Ewe" is adorable! I fell in love with all of Jodie's Easter images too! Love your spring colors and textures. Perfect spring card! Have a great week!
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and cheerful card, thanks for sharing with us at Cardzd 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cuteness! Great coloring and your executed the sketch brilliantly. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card!
    Thanks for joining us at papermakeupstamps

    Hermien

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Easter card Holly with your spring colours. I do love this image it's just so so cute. Sorry to hear you're leaving us and I hope all works out well for you in the future. Take care and please drop by with one of your creations when you have time.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally adorable card Holly. Love it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you colourful bright card and a super image

    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the added texture, Holly - a great take on our challenge at Cardz 4 Guys. Thanx for sharing this week.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun card, thanks for joining us over on artistic inspirations xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget