Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Adorable

Soooo, I'm that side out at the moment, which means not only do I have insomnia, but I am also feeling really creative.  I'm running the risk of falling asleep at my desk as tiredness hits mid-afternoon, rather than about now (it's 11.30pm UK time), as it should.  Obviously, I can't go off and have a nap at work, so you would think that I would be exhausted by the time I get home, but nope!  Wide awake at nearly midnight and no sign of settling down to sleep any time soon.  On the plus side, the only think I can really do in the middle of the night without disturbing the husband too much is to lock myself away in my craft room and create.  I find that I usually am more creative when I have big things on my mind, which I do at the moment.

Anyway, this is the first of tonight's creations:


I apologise for the lack of/quality of photos - I think I have broken the camera (can't get it to focus properly) and have resorted to my phone camera now, which is a bit hit and miss on quality.  

Anyway, this card is made using an LOTV mini masterpiece, which are now only available in their ebay outlet.

The papers are all from the bonnets and bowties paper pad, and I stitched the layers together with some purple thread.  I didn't do this very straight, as you will be able to see, but I would like to think that it adds to the charm of the card.

I used the sketch over at Tuesday Morning Sketches for the layout.

I added two LOTV sentiment tags and die-cut a butterfly from a scrap of coordinating paper.  I added some liquid pearls to the body of the butterfly, and finally added two pearls in the top right-hand corner of the card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

5 comments:

  1. Lovely sweet card and tag, thanks for joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! You've paired together the perfect papers for your image. Great design! Thanks for sharing with us at Pile it On!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card!! That is such a cute image and I love the delicate butterfly!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insomnia is awful - been there, done that. I hope you get some rest & peace soon. For what it's worth I think you *should* be able to nap at work!
    Your card is utterly adorable - I LOVE the stitching, it's perfect! So glad you came to play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches - your card will be featured on our Facebook page today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches/165327566909261?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card.

    Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget