Monday, 26 May 2014

CAS Cowboy

Sooo, this is another of today's makes.  I still have a few ideas on my head, but keep getting distracted by the TV, but I will no doubt have some more to share with you later.  I am also off work for the next couple of days.  I have some sewing to do, but I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze in some cardmaking too.

Anyway, this is a card made using one of the stamps I got from LOTV recently, and this stamp is Yee Ha!  My youngest niece picked this one out for me.  She loves coming to the LOTV shop with me on the Saturdays that it is open and helping me choose my stamps and my papers.


Anyway, I stamped this up this morning and then coloured it with promarkers while I was sat catching up on Coast Australia this afternoon.  I used the colour inspiration over at Crazy 4 Challenges.

I then made up my card while the hubby was making tea (I have him well-trained, plus he cooks loads better than me).  

My original intention hadn't actually been a CAS card, but because of the position I had stamped the image and the fact that I was quite impressed with my colouring, I thought it would work well as a CAS card.  So, I simply added some faux stitching in brown around the edges of the panel and stamped a sentiment using one of the LOTV Everyday Grungy Sentiment stamps and brushed corduroy distress ink.

I then simply layered the panel onto some blue patterned paper and then some kraft card, and that was my card done.

This is going to go into the 'for sale' box which is currently kept at work.  I am also considering listing it on Etsy, as I think I should be able to recreate it easy enough.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

14 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card and image! Thanks for playing at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet and elegant card Holly, thank you for joining our Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome card... I know some little guy who will have fun looking at it.. thank you so much for sharing

    My contribution is here:
    http://cordes.re/blg/wind/

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card and image so cute thanks for sharing with lexis creations this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet image great layout.

    Thanks for joining us at fitztown i hope you have join in on the hop great prizes.

    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute cas card Holly! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our 5th Birthday challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute ,a lovely delightful Birthday card! Thanks for sharing with us at Lexi's Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute image and coloring. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck. Maggie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so sweet. Great little birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this super card for Lexi's challenge 117, Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just lovely. Thanks for joining us for our Celebration Blog Hop event.

    Lynn, Fitztown DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a super cute image! Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    FCB DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute little CAS cowboy! Love the faux stitching! Thanks for joining us for our 200th challenge at The Corrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great MAN card!! Love the image!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget