Monday, 19 May 2014

First Father's Day Make

Sooo, sleep is somewhat evading me tonight, despite the fact that I am ridiculously tired - too much on the mind.  So I decided that the best thing to do was get up and make a start on my father's day cards, which is in approximately 4 weeks I believe.

And here is my first creation (sorry for the wonky photo - it is late):


This is made using a LOTV art pad image from the Vintage Boys Art Pad.

I layered this onto some brown paper and added brown faux stitching with a fine liner pen.  I then layered up three strips of paper, which all come from a Wellington paper pack.  I attached this on the vertical centre of a large 8x8 card blank.  I added faux stitching to this also, and then attached the image panel over the top, as central is I could get it.

I then die-cut letters to spell 'relax' from some scraps of kraft card.  I added faux stitching to this also and attached these to the top left of the image panel

Finally, I stamped a sentiment in the opposite corner using brushed corduroy distress ink and an LOTV sentiment stamp, and then added little faux cross stitch to each corner of the card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:



Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the LOTV image, thanks for joining us at Hobbycutz, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made good use of the time - and hope you got caught up on your sleep. At least you got a great card out of it! Thank you for joining in the fun at LOC! xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly
    Super card in shades of brown. Just perfect for Fathers Day. Thanks for joining in at Hobbycutz Challenge.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect rustic look for a Father's Day card! The image is also perfect for the couch potatoe type guy, who is probably watching football! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget