Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Fly Away

Soooo, first up today, I must apologise that I seem to have lost the ability to use my camera properly, so the quality of my photos on this post is pretty rubbish.

This is a card I have made using a newish technique of using stencils and glitter paste.


I bought a little starter kit at the Harrogate GNPE a couple of months ago, but haven't really used it since as I just haven't had time.

However, as I couldn't sleep on Sunday night (too much going on in the brain at the moment) I decided to get up and do a little bit of crafting.

This was a pretty simple card to make.  I used a textured card blank and a dandelion stencil.  I do love dandelion clocks.  I know they are a weed, but when they are in this state I just think they are so pretty and fairy-like.

I decided to keep the card pretty simple, and just used two colours - one for the leaves and stalks and one for the flower heads.

I didn't think it needed much more, just a little sentiment stamped with chipped sapphire distress ink.

Unfortunately, due to the crappiness of my photos, you can't really see how glittery the paste dries and how pretty it all looks.  The colours are also much more vibrant in real life.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx










5 comments:

  1. I agree dandelion clocks and the flowers are beautiful when you see them growing enmass -beautiful CAS card and love the image -thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful, technique works great. Thank you for joining Artistic Inspirations, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great image......I love it. A beautiful CAS card. Thank you for sharing it with us at (pin)spirational this week. Wynn DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and a great technique. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love dandelions! This card is fabulous Holly! So glad you joined us over at Seize the Birthday this time...hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget