Monday, 12 May 2014

Golden Butterflies

Sooooo, it was my big sister's birthday a couple of weeks ago, but I never quite managed to share the birthday card I made her, so here it is.  


I have absolutely no idea where the inspiration came from, but here's how I made my card.

The flowery paper is from my stash - it was a freebie from a magazine.  I think I decided on this paper and then took my inspiration from there.  I wrapped the DP in gold and then a burgundy colour ribbon, and then layered the panel onto gold card.

I stamped and heat embossed three gold butterflies on black card using a stamp from my stash.  I then decided it needed a little something more so decided to see what clear embossed butterflies would look like.  I think they look quite good.

I then edged the panel with gold ink and layered the card onto pink and then shiny black card.

I added a metal antique gold filigree corner to one corner of the card and three pearls to the other corners.  I also added some tiny black gems to two corners of the butterfly panel.

Finally, I added 'sister' in pink glittery letters on the butterfly panel.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx








6 comments:

  1. Wow! That embossing really pops! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps! We hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. Love the design. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the butterflies. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments! :)

    Petya DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great embossing. Fun colors, too. Thanks for joining us at the SIster Act Card Challenge this week. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Holly.

    Those butterflies are sweet.

    Thanks for joining us at G N S.

    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely... i especially like the little filigree in the corner...so pretty ..thanks for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle, Vic DT XX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget