Monday, 26 May 2014

Lily Fairy

Soooo, this is the second of my makes today.  This is my grandmama's birthday card, which is tomorrow:


I made this using the Water Lily stamp, which is from the new release.  

I stamped the image in black and then coloured in with distress inks, except the skin, which I coloured with Dusky Pink promarker, resulting in a sunkissed look, which is good, as she is sunbathing.  I took inspiration for my colour scheme from the photo inspiration challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations, and I added stickles to the wings, boppers, glass, underskirt and the bottom of the flowers on the image.  Unfortunately, you can't see this very well in the photos.

The papers are from various pads and packs, and the blue/white floral paper is actually embossed.  I added ink to the embossing folder before running it through the big shot to give the detail some colour.

I also added some lilac and some blue raffia to the card, and some blue flower brads.

I added two blue-edged flowers to the top right hand corner and in the bottom right-hand corner I added 'Grandma' made from some sticky letters pink was all I had). 

Finally, I added a 'Happy Birthday' to the image.

I hope my grandmama likes this - I imagine this is her on one of her many holidays sipping her soda water!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx 

16 comments:

  1. very cute, such a sweet image...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so beautiful.
    As one might prefer to drive themselves to the water
    Thank you that you join in the Fairytale Stampers
    hugs
    manu

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cute image and layout-happy birthday to your Grandma-thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
    - Sandy, Cupcake Inspirations DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Holly, she's so cute... thanks for entering our fairy challenge this month.

    Good luck!

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!!! LOVE those papers!!! Fantastic image! Love your coloring!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Das ist einfach wundervoll großartig geworden.
    Hab lieben Dank fürs mitmachen bei Fairytale Stampers
    Grüßle Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your creation! Thank you for participating in our challenge at Stampin for the Weekend this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. :) -Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooooo cute! Totally love the great image you have used and the soft colors. I'm sure that your grandmother will love it!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, supercute, love the image and pastelcolours. Thank you for joining Artistic Inspirations Challenge, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. das ist ja eine super tolle karte.

    danke für die TN. bei den fairytale stampers.

    glg meggi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh this is so sweet. love the image and your design elements are perfect! Thank you for playing along with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges- We sure hope you join us again!

    Amy- DT Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Lil Cutie Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cutie! I love the image and the colouring is great. The embossing is stunning, I think it works really well! Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun, Good Luck! Hope to see you soon again.

    Hanne, DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cuteee card!! So glad you're joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun. We're having new challenge with "Things with Wings" theme. Wish to see you there :)
    xoxo, Mikha-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really cute card - love all the different papers you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget