Monday, 26 May 2014

Midnight Fairy

Soooo, I seem to have beaten the insomnia (finally), but now I think I have gone the other way and all I want to do is sleep now.  However, once I managed to drag my backside out of my very comfy bed this morning, I set about getting to work in my craft room, and this is my first completed make - I have others in progress (ink drying, colouring drying etc.) so more will be shared throughout the day (I may need a nap first though).

Anyway, this is my first make using the new LOTV Magical Fairies art pad.  I tried to get this image as the stamp, but it had sold out, and I can see why - it is a gorgeous image.  Anyway, fingers crossed it is there next time I go to the shop after payday.  In the meantime, I will just have to make do with the art pad (which, of course is no great hardship) and play with the stamp I got instead, which I have stamped and coloured up and will be making into a card next.


Anyway, back to this card.  I wanted to  go with a night-time feel, and found this gorgeous embossed metallic paper in a load of stash that my grandmother-in-law, Shirley, sent for me (I married into a family full of crafters it seems).  I'm sorry to say that the photos really don't do this paper justice at all.  It fit perfectly with my card, as it has a feel of midnight and it has purple tones (along with the blue, which means that I can enter this card into this week's Cupcake Inspirations challenge), which fit with the colours I was going for, as I really wanted to use the starry paper, which I eventually used to layer up the image.  I then layered it onto some purple card.  from the scarps of purple left, I diecut a corner and the flourish, to which I added lots of stickles.  The background paper made me want to go as glittery as possible.  I also added stickles  to the fairy's wings, the stars and the moon on the image.

The scalloped card blank also came from the stash sent by Grandma Shirley.  The layout is a sketch from Sketch n Stash, which I turned on its side.

The sentiment is stamped in Dusty Concord distress ink, cut out and layered onto some purple card.  The sentiment stamp is from the LOTV Everyday Grungy Messages set, which I love and had been waiting to have a card with enough room to put one of these on (I usually end up using tags), and I thought the sentiment here was perfect for this card.

To finish the card, I added some metallic foil stars in the the top left-hand corner to correspond with the sketch, and then some smaller stars in each corner of the card.  These stars have been in my stash since forever and I couldn't tell you where I got them from in the first place - I have long forgotten.  They do come in handy though.

And that is my card.  I may add a 'Grandma' sentiment on it and give it to my gran for her birthday tomorrow, but I think I have another card in mind - with a fairy, as she is as mad about fairies as me.  This is the grandma that I am most like - I get my sewing talents from her (seems to have skipped a generation, but talents seems to do that in my family), so her card has to be special, but I know that if I like it, she will like it.

Anyway, I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Right, on to my next card - I have a few to make today and there are loads of birthdays coming up and I just haven't been as prepared as usual, as I have been sewing lots (I will show you what, eventually).

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

Cupcake Inspirations photo challenge
-
I want one of these cupcakes now!

19 comments:

  1. beautiful card, lovely image...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card, Holly! That background paper looks amazing and gives a wonderful 'starry night' feel! What a perfect accompaniment to that gorgeous LOTV fairy!
    Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
    - Sandy, Cupcake Inspirations DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sparkly background paper as it brings the image to life. Such a pretty card

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Love that background.. Love all the sparkle!! Just fantastic!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card the background looks stunning thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous image and I'm loving all the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That image is so sweet! And your background is incredible. Thanks for sharing over at Cupcake Inspirations! :) -Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fairies, and this image is just so sweet! Thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! You are right the backing paper is just perfect for this! Love the texture it adds to the card.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card Holly and that background paper certainly gives it a lovely magical look.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card! I love the sentiment! Thanks for joining our Cute with Dies and Punches challenge this week at Love to Create! Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable image, fantastic creation! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Love to Create for our Cute with punches and dies challenge!
    Hugs'
    Jackie - LTC owner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on winning the Cupcake Inspiration challenge! !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Such a sweet image and lovely design! Thank you for joining our Cute with Punches & Die Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card love the sweet image and layout. Thank you for joining us over at Open Minded Crafting Fun, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card - adorable image.
    Thanks for playing along at Sketch n Stash this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there, that is such an adorable image and a gorgeous card!

    Thanks for joining in with us this time at The Cutie Pies.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget