Saturday, 31 May 2014

My Little Plumcake Shorts

Soooo, tonight, while I wait for my hubby to finish work so I can go meet him for a drink, I thought I would share with you the project I finished this morning:


These are the shorts that I have made for my eldest niece to wear for a wedding we are attending next week, as she refuses to wear a dress.

I made these using the fabric I brought back from my holidays in Tunisia last October, and a pattern from a company new to me - My Little Plumcake.   They have some gorgeous kids PDF patterns

I found the pattern very simple to use and the instructions are very clear step-by-step with photos to help.  I don't think I got confused once, which is practically unheard of for me.  In fact, I found the pattern so simple to use and follow that I will be making these shorts again and purchasing more patterns in the future.   The pattern had a number of variations, including optional leg bands, which I decided to use.

My main issue with these shorts was the fabric I decided to use.  I should have remembered from last time what a horror it is to work with - it just frays the minute you touch it, and there are frayed bits all over my craft room.  It's horrible to clear up too.

However, despite this, I am happy with how the shorts turned out.  As I have already said, I will make these again, but definitely not in this fabric, maybe a nice simple cotton.  The pattern comes in ages 6 months to 10 years, so I think some are probably in order for the other niece (6 years) and my friend's little girl (just turned 1).  I will see what fabric I have in my stash.  I wish I could make them in my size too . . .  maybe one day!!!!

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget