Sunday, 11 May 2014

Shall We Go A-Sailing?

Soooooo, I finally made it back from my catch-up with the Fairy Godmother - 4 hours later - and managed to make another card.  I had intended to make loads this weekend, but that didn't quite happen.

Anyway, this is my second card made using a purchase from my trip to LOTV yesterday.


I made this card using one of the boy stamps and coloured it with distress inks.  I then layered it onto some textured yellow paper.  I also used this paper as the main mat paper for the card.  I chose yellow to match the little boy's t-shirt.

I followed the sketch over at Sunday Sketch & Stamp and used papers from my LOTV cakes and candles paper pad.

Before adding the image panel, I wrapped some blue and white stripey ribbon, then some red ribbon and then some narrow dark red ribbon around the panel.

I then added the image panel. 

To finish the card, I stamped a sentiment and layered it onto some red spotty paper (to match the centre DP panel) and then stamped a boat in the top right hand corner and coloured with Promarkers.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for entering our current challenge '#31 A Card For A Male' over in the "Left Of Centre" Challenge Blog.

    A lovely male card for any age....this would take older men back to their childhoods. Lovely bright colours which work well with the minimal colouring of the image.

    I hope you will pop over and join us for more of our future fortnightly challenges. We have great sponsors so we always have great prizes to win.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx LOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, sweet image, wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations. I hope you get to join us again for our next sketch. Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly this is such a BEAUTIFUL card! I love this little boy .. and he's just daydreaming away right?! Sooooo cute he is! Glad you got to go to LOTV on Saturday for their big birthday party!!!!!! The girls were saying how much fun they had with all you lovely ladies!!!!!!!! :)

    Sending Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card - I love your design!
    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card
    Thank you for joining in on my beside the seaside themed challenge at Creative Inspirations.
    CraftyNatalie: DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card , great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week @ Sunday Sketch & Stamp.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image! Super cute card! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Anyone for Anya DT
    Stampavie and More DT
    Creative Fingers DT 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget