Sunday, 11 May 2014

The Girl With Pink Hair

Soooo, it was my eldest niece's 9th birthday on Wednesday, and I would finally like to share with you the card I made for her:



The image is from The Paper Shelter.  I saw it a couple of weeks ago and immediately downloaded it, knowing that I would use it for Georgia's card - the image is just her.  She doesn't have pink hair yet, but I can imagine that won't be too far off.  My auntie says she has to wait until she was 18 - I say 14.  I was about 14 when I started dyeing my hair various colours and I think you should get it over and done with while you're pretty young.  Mine is now a boring blonde.  Anyway, if anyone will be able to pull off pink hair, it will be Georgia, even though she refuses to wear pink.

Easel cards are a must for my nieces and they will not accept a 'normal' card from me, so an easel card it was.  Other than that and the image, I really didn't know what I was going to do with the card.

Georgia is not a girly girl, so lashings of pink, as I would usually do, would not suffice.  In fact, when I chose the papers, I did wonder whether she wouldn't throw them back at me for being too pink, but I really liked the papers and they went so well with the image.  I think I managed to get around this by layering the papers onto purple, so the pink isn't as noticeable.  I hope I'm forgiven the pink sparkly 9 - I had no purple and blue just didn't seem to go.

I also used gold to layer the image and die-cut some butterflies and Georgia's name from gold to tie everything together.

I used some pink and blue twine on the main panel and added gems everywhere.  I also added a 'niece' gold peel-off.

Finally, on the inside, I cut a white panel for writing on and layered this onto some purple card.  I also wrote in purple glittery pen.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

QKR Stampede - gems/rhinestones
Fussy & Fancy - spring colours
Mod Squad - non-traditional card
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - 2 or more designer papers
The Paper Shelter - love is in the air-for the one you love (I love my nieces more than anything)
Fab n Funky - pretty hair
Hobby Cutz - photo inspiration

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


Hobby Cutz photo inspiration

13 comments:

  1. Woww this card is really awesome!
    Lovely to see you've used an TPS-image.
    Thanks for playing along with us at TPS and good luck in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS Holly!! Love the pink hair...your niece will love it I'm sure!!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy "Spring Colours"!!! Check out the hop for lots of GREAT prizes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cute card. Love your coloring. Wonderful work. Thanks for joining us this week at Mod Squad. Hope you have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - love the image, hope she didnt mind the pink too much - thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky
    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab design with this lovely image from TPS - great colouring too! - thank you for playing along with us at TPS this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again! Just to say thank you for playing with us at Fab'n'Funky too hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. I'm sure your niece loved it. Thanks so much for playing along at The Paper Shelter and using a TPS image too.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popped back to thank you for sharing with us at Hobbycutz too! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute! thanks for sharing with us at penny's challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ett otroligt fint kort som är trevligt att titta på. fint färglagt också. Tack för att du är med oss på Fussy and Fancy Spring Colours Shallenge
    H. Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - love the papers you've chosen.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, beautiful coloring and love the pink hair. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Anything Goes/twist of Gems or Rhinestones." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal QKR Stampede DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget