Tuesday, 17 June 2014

The Leftovers Skirt

Sooo, I thought I would quickly share with you the skirt I am wearing today:


I made this skirt using the left over fabric from the dress I made my little sister recently.  IT is such a gorgeous fabric, I knew I had to do something with it.

The pattern is loosely based on a Burda pattern, which I have previously used to make my Lipstick Kisses skirt.  However, as I managed to order a normal zip rather than an invisible zip (because I'm an idiot) a bit of altering was required. 

I decided to try a lapped zip, and for a first attempt, I don't think I did too bad.  Obviously, I can do better, but that will come with practice.  I used a tutorial and found it very helpful.

I also decided to put a waistband on.  I've never done this before, so made it up as I went along with a button fastening to the back.  Again, I don't think I did too bad, but I'm sure improvements could be made.

The buttons are little white roses from my stash, which I think go well with the fabric.

I have had many compliments today from my colleagues, so I am pleased with this make (even if the photos are pretty rubbish.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget