Sooo, I thought I would quickly share with you the skirt I am wearing today:
I made this skirt using the left over fabric from the dress I made my little sister recently. IT is such a gorgeous fabric, I knew I had to do something with it.
The pattern is loosely based on a Burda pattern, which I have previously used to make my Lipstick Kisses skirt. However, as I managed to order a normal zip rather than an invisible zip (because I'm an idiot) a bit of altering was required.
I decided to try a lapped zip, and for a first attempt, I don't think I did too bad. Obviously, I can do better, but that will come with practice. I used a tutorial and found it very helpful.
I also decided to put a waistband on. I've never done this before, so made it up as I went along with a button fastening to the back. Again, I don't think I did too bad, but I'm sure improvements could be made.
The buttons are little white roses from my stash, which I think go well with the fabric.
I have had many compliments today from my colleagues, so I am pleased with this make (even if the photos are pretty rubbish.