Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Butterfly Heart

Soooo, I got into work ridiculously early this morning and decided that I didn't feel like doing any work (not until 8 at the earliest anyway), so I would quickly finish writing this blog post that I started about six weeks ago.


This is another of the cards I made for my cousin's wedding at the beginning of June.  Again, a family member took this one (one day they might pay me, but it's not looking likely any time soon).

I made this card using a new die I got at LOTV.  I wasn't going to the shop to buy anything like this (I just went for papers I think), but I saw it and just had to have it.

I used the die on a piece of plain white card and then coloured in the little butterflies using various promarkers.  I then used a cocktail stick behing the butterflies to push them out and make them 3D.

I added some faux stitching with a brown pen and the wrapped the panel eith some twine before attaching to a panel of kraft card.  I then stamped two LOTV tags using brown ink and attached these to the card.

Voila!  One very effective card me thinks.  Also great for valentines, anniversaries, engagements - just change up the colour of the butterflies and the backing card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


I still have a couple more projects to share with you that I finished before packing up and fingers crossed we hear about a house today.  We put in an application for one two weeks ago and they're now on with the references and checks, so hopefully I will have good news and a moving date very soon, so I can get on with crafting again . . . yay!

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

4 comments:

  1. Totally Gorjuss! Love the colours. Love this idea.
    Thanks for playing along this week.

    Lisa - Totally Gorjuss DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning design but our challenges require the use of a cute image on your project! You still have plenty of time to submit something else but we do appreciate you sharing your gorgeous work with us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your Hobby Cutz win!! This card is so cute and I love the idea of the butterflies making the shape of a heart! Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget