Monday, 28 July 2014

True Love

Sooooo, this is the last of the cards I had made up before packing up, but we have good news - we have a moving date - 6th August, and we a moving to Ilkley.  Cannot wait!

Anyway, this is the card I made for my cousin's wedding from myself.  I think, as well as being a good wedding card, it would also make a nice anniversary, valentines or engagement card.

I made this card using a large sentiment stamp from LOTV.  I used lilac embossing powder to heat emboss onto kraft card (I like the effect of this).  I then added some faux stitching around the edge of the pagel with a white gel pen.

I layered this panel onto some gauze and then layered this onto the backing panel.

To make the backing panel, I wrapped some LOTV paper with sheer organza ribbon and then a narrow satin ribbon.  I then layered this onto some kraft card.

To finish the card, I added a small lilac flower button in the top right-hand corner and added drops of liquid pearls to the other corners.  After attaching the true love panel, I added a bow made from the remaining satin ribbon and some white and purple roses from my stash.

I think, once I have got moved and settled etc. I will make up some more of these cards, I a do really like this one and as I've already said, it could be used for a variety of occasions.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Right, I think that might be it until I move - for cards anyway.  I have been on with a couple of sewing projects, but whether I get them finished in time or find time to blog about them,  I couldn't say.

Happy Crafting!

Holly

xx






5 comments:

  1. beautiful card,..thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, great design, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the elegance, yet shabby chicness! Thanks so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations for our Ribbon Challenge!
    Hugs, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. Thanks for joining Fussy and Fancy Challenge, good luck xxx Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely CAS card! I love the combination of the white gauze and the kraft, so pretty! Good luck with the move, and thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget