Sunday, 3 August 2014

Rainbow Petticoats

Soooo, I've not been totally idle while I've been homeless (finally move into a new house on Wednesday - no more living at Mother's), I've had the Etsy Fabrication Pop-Up, which although not a success for me, was a huge success for some of the other participants.

Knowing that I would be homeless at the time, I turned my Pops' attic into a little sewing studio and made some petticoats, because I figured that these were the easiest to make in the least amount of room, and I really only needed by sewing machine and sewing box keeping out, which don't take up a huge amount of room.

I decided to try a new idea with the petticoats and try a rainbow petticoat, and this is the result:


These are made from 4 layers of dress net/tulle - red, purple, green and yellow, with a yellow waistband.  I also think I could invert the colours and do a red waistband.

They were no more difficult than making a one-colour 4-layer petticoat, and the step-mother was impressed.

These are now listed in the Etsy shop, where to celebrate the fact that I will have a new craft room this week, I am offering 10% off your order when you spend at least £10.  Simply enter code AUGUST10 at the checkout.  This is valid until the end of the month, so please share with your friends and family too.

I'm going to try some other multi-coloured 4-layer petticoats too.  I have the tulle to make The Midnight (black, blue, purple, lilac), The Princess (purple, hot pink, lilac, pale pink) and The Sunset (red, pink, orange, yellow), so will be making up some samples of these when I am all moved and sorted (so probably next weekend).  These aren't listed in the shop yet, but if you would like to pre-order one, or any other colour combination, just contact me through the shop.

I can't wait to get on with some proper crafting again - I even went to the LOTV shop yesterday to get some of their new release stamps.  While there, I also stocked up on some of their existing stamps and papers, and I can't wait to be sat at my desk again, music blasting out, regaining some sanity.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget