Thursday, 16 October 2014

30!

Sooo, there must be something about Halloween coming up that is making me want to through green and purple together, a combo I would never usually use, but at this time of year, it just seems to go.  So, when my sister asked me to make a 30th birthday card for a friend of her's and I was rummaging through my stash for inspiration, guess which combo just leaped out at me.


I started by knowing that this would be a large 8x8 card and that I wanted to put feathers on this card to add a little glamour, and the green and purple feathers just seems to work, so I pulled them out, found some matching ribbons and then started rummaging through my paper scraps.

I found some green card, which I used to make the card border and then the purple corrugated card to cut out a 30.  I've had this card forever, but could never find a use for it, because it is just so difficult to add anything onto it without adding so much bulk, but as a standalone on this card, the extra texture and dimension it provided worked well.

I decided to add the purple ribbon along the bottom half of the card and then tie a bow from the green ribbon to hide the bottom of the feathers.  And no, it is not your eyes playing tricks on you, the green ribbon is actually loads of different random shades, which I didn't realise until I started taking it off the reel.

I then used the scraps of green and purple card left over to die-cut some stars, which I scattered above and around the 30.  I love this die - I got all those stars from just two goes through the big shot, with the tiniest scrap of paper, and there is nothing you can't put a star on as far as I'm concerned!

I did think that I had finished the card then, but I kept looking at it thinking that it just needed a little something more, maybe a little bit of glitter.  So, I decided to add some faux stitching around the edge using a purple glitter pen.

I hope my sister's friend likes it.  My sister seemed to.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx






13 comments:

  1. fab card
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple and green are a great color combination, no matter when! And this is a really nice card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week in our "G is for..." challenge! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and image and thanks for playing along in our 'things that start with letter G' challenge.
    aNNie xx
    {Crafty Sentiments Inspirations DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this color combo...and all your additions really make for a great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your great card with us at Penny's this week.
    Cheers Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I don't usually make Halloween cards I to gravitate towards purple and green this time of year. Looks great, I'm sure your sister's friend will love it.Thanks for joining us at Penny's challenges-see you Wednesday for a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining us in this weeks challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color combo and added feathers. Perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Sharon/DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable. Love the colour combo and that feather too. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Top Tip Tuesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love green and purple together Holly! Love the feather :-D
    Thanks for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday this time, hope to see you again soon
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super sweet card, Holly. Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge this month!
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fun card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget