Sunday, 26 October 2014

Gramps in the Garden

Sooo, this is the card I made for my Gramps for his birthday, which was on Monday.


To make this card, I used an LOTV topper from the vintage boys art pad.   I thought this image was perfect as my Grampy loves gardening, and is tres proud of his garden.

I also used LOTV papers from the Country Gent paper pad.  These papers compliment this art pad so well.  Not sure if that was intentional by LOTV or not?

I also used some ribbon I found in my stash (no idea where it came from) and some kraft card.  I inked the edges of everything with cocoa memento ink.

Finding a card which says 'Gramps' or 'Grampy' is impossible, so making cards does have it's advantages.  I die-cut the letters from kraft card and arranged these along the side of the image.

To finish, I thought I would echo the little bird in the image, and I remembered that I had this little wooden bird in my stash.  I think it is actually supposed to be a robin, buy hey hum, pigs bum, it goes.

My Gramps liked his card, and loved his present - a year's membership to CAMRA - and I now need to start thinking about next year's present, as I do have a reputation for always getting my Gramps something a little different (last year he got a vintage brass belt buckle with his name on it).  So, thinking cap on!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

6 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, love your design, colors, image and details. Thanks for sharing with us at the Lacy Sunshine challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, A lovely card, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this fortnight at Creative Moments. Good luck. We would love to see you join us again.

    Teighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Holly, thanks for entering our challenge this month.

    Good luck!

    Anne xx
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your card in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy from cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Lacy Sunshine. Hugs, Lene

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget