Sunday, 5 October 2014

Mother

Soooo, this evening I would like to share with you the birthday card I have made for my mother.  It's her birthday on Tuesday, but I took her card and present today when I went for tea with my little sis and the nieces (the big sis isn't well, so we thought we'd let her rest), and here it is:


As usual with my cards, it looks nothing like I intended when I started, but I have been struggling with creativity this last week or so, but this card I'm hoping has solved that.

I decided that I would like to keep it quite simple, rather than my usual fussier cards.

I die cut the letters from a scrap of kraft card that I had lying around on my desk.  I attached these to a hammered card blank with sticky fixers to add some dimension, as I knew that I would be adding 3-d embellishments, although I wasn't sure what at that moment.

I toyed with the idea of adding flowers, but then the jar of buttons caught my eye, so I emptied this out and played around a bit with various shapes and colours of buttons before I decided on the two pink heart buttons.  

I thought that the card still looked a little bare, so I dug around in my ribbon boxes and came across the pink polka dot ribbon, which I made a bow from and then added strips of the ribbon too, and that was my card finished.

She seemed to like it, but she definitely liked her present more - Singin' In The Rain on DVD and a Singin' In The Rain umbrella.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely Clean and Simple card.
    Thank you very much for entering the "Dragons Lair Designs" "Anything Goes" challenge this month. Good luck.
    Gwyneth DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and elegant! Thanks for joining in the fun at our Anything Goes Challenge at Bugaboo Stamps this week – I hope you are drawn as one of the winners. Please enter again this week when we have a brand new challenge and wonderful prizes to be won.
    luv’n huggz
    Jen L
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget