Sunday, 5 October 2014

New Baby's Shoes

Soooo, this is the second card I made today, which was an order from my sister for her friend, who had a baby girl earlier in the week, so congratulations to Danielle and husband on the birth of Edie Rose, such a lovely name, I do like vintage names.

Anyway,  the only stipulation was that the card had the baby's name on it, and here is the card:


I started by heat embossing the 'new baby' sentiment stamp using versamark ink and light pink embossing powder on kraft card.  I then cut this to size and layered it onto some gauze. 

I decided against a backing paper on the textured card blank, so I added this panel straight to the card.

I had already added some pink ribbons to two corners of the card.

I then stamped a set of LOTV baby shoes using grey memento ink and coloured these with my new Inktense pencils - I keep practising with these.  I fussy cut the shows and added these to the top right-hand corner of the card.

I then die-cut 'Edie Rose'  from pink pearlescent card (the pearlescence unfortunately does not show very well in the photos) and added a pink rose.

To finish the card I added a pink ribbon.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

4 comments:

  1. lovely baby card, love the different textures you have used, thanks for sharing with Glitter n Sparkle good luck, Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely creation, thank you for joining us this week at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!
    We would love you to also check out our DT call and apply if you feel this is something for you as we are looking for some talented and friendly crafter to join our DT Team.

    Jo and the CRAFT Team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty new baby card and a baby girl certainly deserves all that sparkle. Jacqui DT Dragons Lair Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card, Holly!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' Challenge!

    Good Luck

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget