Sunday, 9 November 2014

Krafty Christmas

Sooo, a while ago I had a bit of a Christmas cardmaking sesh (I made about 40, and I really do need to make time for another session), and these cards are some of the cards I made:


I decided that instead of spending a fortune buying new bits and bobs this year, I would try to use up some of my stash and save some money, so for these cards I decided to use of some of the smaller LOTV mini masterpieces.

I chose all cute animals and those that had more brown on them so they would go with the papers I had decided to use from the LOTV krafty christmas pad.

I added faux stitching with a brown fineliner around the edge of each image, which I then layered onto some red card.  I also added faux stitching around the papers (I chose a different paper to accompany each image, and I tried to get them to match as much as possible with something that was going on in the image), which I cut to the length of my 6x4 card blanks.

I then stamped 'merry christmas' from my new(ish) LOTV sentiments stamp with brown memento ink onto all the cards.

To finish, I then added a brown cross in each corner, two in the top right corner, to tie in the stitching theme I had going on.

I think I put these in my Etsy shop.  There is only one set, as I used up the last of these mini masterpieces and they aren't available anymore.  I am tempted to keep them for myself though, so get them before I do make that decision.

I would like to enter these cards into the following challenges:



Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

10 comments:

  1. Adorable Christmas cards and I love the idea of using things you already have & creating something special. Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede for the weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are ADORABLE!!! Love them all.. The images are FANTASTIC!!! Gorgeous papers/colors!! Just wonderful!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges (DT Call Until Nov 22nd)
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining this week at QKR Stampede Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little robin, thanks for joining us this fortnight at at Open Minded Challenges, very cute Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous collection of cards, love the simplicity and just perfect for christmas. Thanks so much for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute cards.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun
    Julie DT
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Pumpkin Belly Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy - lovely cards. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 202- you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering our 'Merry Christmas' challenge with your lovely cards Holly, you have been busy!

    Good luck!

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW go you! That's a whole lot of awesome Christmas cards.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fabulous Christmas cards, such adorable images.
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator for our Anything Goes Challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget