Sunday, 9 November 2014

Relaxing In The Garden

Sooo, today is my step-dad's birthday (Happy Birthday!) and I would like to share with you the card I made for him:


This was a quick card as I haven't had much time for creating cards recently - far to busy sewing.  I am onto the last Elsa dress now, and hopefully I will get that finished this week.  I then have a dress currently half made and pinned onto Doris to finish, my Christmas party dress to make, along with a few stitched Christmas presents.  Fingers crossed I can get everything done before xmas, but with work, studying, not being able to get into the craft room for various reasons, I'm starting to panic a little, and I still have my Christmas cards to make.

Anyway, enough of me rabbitting on.  As this was a quick card, I used a topper from the LOTV vintage boys art pad (which I am nearly all out of, so have to get some more).  I edged this with some brown ink, layered onto some striped paper, then some red paper, then some brown striped paper.  All the papers are from LOTV paper pads, but I don't think any of them are from  the same - I decided to use up some scraps.

Before layering the panel onto the brown paper, I wrapped it with some brown baker's twine, which I got from the Ribbon Girl.

To finish the card, I stamped 'happy birthday' with brown ink, inked the edge of the the panel and attached this to the card with a red button to finish it off.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


9 comments:

  1. Wonderful guy card! Love the image! Thanks for sharing it with us at Delightful Challenges, "Patterns"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love image . Thanks for joining us at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card, great image, thanks for joining the challenge on Dragons lair design blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image and I like the use of twine.

    Thank you for playing along with our pattern paper challenge at Delightful Challenges. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card, and cute image.
    I love your card.
    Thanks for joining us at TPS
    Hugs
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very creative and lovely creation for our 'special occassion' challenge at Pile It On. Thank you for playing with us and don't forget to check on Wednesday who is the lucky winner.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this image! Thanks for sharing your super card with the Dragons Lair!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous....thank you so much for sharing with us at Dragons Lair Designs :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget