Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Cute Christmas

Sooo, as promised . . .I'm baaack!!!!  Tutorial was very useful and I will be making a start on my next assignment at the weekend (after finishing my Christmas making of course).


So, while I procrastinate on that and catch up on tonight's Strictly It Takes Two, I would like to share with you some cards I made for Xmas this year.  However, I won't be sending these  myself as my friend, Lauren, snapped them up straight away.   I know it is going to take me a while to catch up on my blogging, but at least this is a start. . .

I am still on a mission to use up my stash before buying any new stuff (the fact I have just bought three new LOTV stamps is, of course, to be entirely ignored . . . oops!).  So these are made using some LOTV Christmas papers which I already have in my stash, which I cut into large pennants.

Onto these I layered some of the small mini masterpieces from LOTV and then I stamped an LOTV sentiment with black ink.  I chose three images as I think they are so sweet and give me warm Christmas feelings of spending the time with loved ones, be it snuggling with the hubby, decorating the tree with the nieces or screeching, I mean, singing, Christmas songs with the sisters (our singing is out of this world!)  I also think these images go well together as a set - they were all people and had similar colours so I could use papers from the same paper pack to  tie them together more.  

I chose the papers to match the images where I could, so trees for the Christmas tree image and holly for the fireplace image to match the holly on the garland.    I used the quite generic 'merry christmas' paper on the carol singers card as I didn't really have anything that would match like the others.

I chose a different style sentiment for each one to mix things up a little bit.  I tried to match the sentiment to the image, so 'twinkly christmas' for the star on top of the Christmas tree, and 'we wish you a merry christmas' for the carol singers. I though the little couple could maybe enjoy some Christmas kisses by the fire so used that sentiment for the final image.

I added a small white bow on each, to which I added a red gem in the centre and then to finish I used some red stickles to add dots in each corners of the images and three dots in the top right hand corner of each card.

Otherwise, I think I kept these pretty CAS, which seems to be my theme for Christmas cards I intend (the intention is there) for myself this year.

I would like to enter this set of cards into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx





7 comments:

  1. ALL of these are wonderful! I love the way you made the banner in patterned paper. Very cute and creative design on these too. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful collection!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards with so many cute images.
    Thank you for playing along with us this week at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so pretty. Same design but so different with all the gorgeous different images.

    Thanks for sharing with us. Happy Christmas

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments I hope you will join us tomorrow for another challenge and Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty christmas cards. Love the details with the little bows and images. Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina GD Member at Crafty Sentiments xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget