Saturday, 24 January 2015

Abigail

Soooo, this is card I made some time ago and just haven't got round to blogging about (I'm slowly catching up!).


This was an order from a friend for his goddaughter, Abigail.  All I knew was that she had blonde hair, but I think I can always rely on my trusty LOTV art pads to provide an image that everyone will love.

I decided not to cut down the image panel, as to no do so meant that I could add Abigail's name to the image, as well as stamp 'goddaughter'.  Not cutting down the image meant that I needed to use a large 8x8 card, but I don't mind that. I like using them for special cards - you can get some much detail and embellishments on the,.  I also added some stickles glitter to the fairy's wings and skirt, although it doesn't seem to show up too well in these photos.

I used pink sparkly letters for the name and age, and as I had used so much pink, I realised that pink would be needed in the backing paper, bit also with a contrast colour to distract from the pink.  Step up, LOTV perfect pair.  I just knew that this patchwork paper would be perfect.  I took the rest of my embellishment colours from this.  

I used some bright green ribbon and topped this with some pink spotty ribbon and wrapped this around the paper.  I the added a bow made from the left over pink spotty ribbon.  I added pink or green gems where I could and to finish I stuck a happy birthday sentiment to some pink card and added this to the card. 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh, this is so cute! Such an adorable image, I love that little fairy! Pretty papers too. Thanx so much for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dps and the Lotv image. Such a pretty girly card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet card for a little girl. Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers. Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet your card Holly ! The image is so cute.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft 4 Eternity and Good Luck !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable image, really liking your colors, really sweet. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafting for all Seasons challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is the sweetest LOTV image!!! Abigail will LOVE this indeed!! Great job and thanks for joining in the fun at Fussy and Fancy!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable. Super cute.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this one, Holly - the backing paper is perfect to compliment your chosen image. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget