Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Afternoon Nap

Soooo, I have a spare few minutes before I have to make tea and thought I would share with you one of my weekend makes:


This is another little 5x5 card made using one of my new LOTV stamps, which I coloured using distress inks.  I thought I was getting the hang of colouring skin, but then I gave this poor little man sunburn on one of his legs.  Oh, well, that will teach him to fall asleep in the sun - at least he covered his head though.

Anyway, I love this image and always like to give it a vintagey feel, so I kept my colours as muted as I could with the options I had in my stash.

I added some faux stitching to the image panel with a brown fineliner.  I then layered this onto some paper from the LOTV country gent paper pad, to which I also added some faux stitching.  I backed this with some kraft card and then to finish, I stamped an LOTV tag in brown ink and added a bow made from some blue baker's twine.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

13 comments:

  1. What a super card i love that lov...image

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful vintage card. I like the delicate colours, even the touch of sunburn looks good. LOL. This is one of my favourite LOTV stamps. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not normally a fan of the color brown, but you made me like it.
    Love your card.

    Hugs from Linda (DT at Through The Purple Haze)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable. What s cute little guy! Thank you for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys Challenge. - Myrna January 2015 Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling card! Your colored image looks wonderful and I love your faux stitching details. So glad you shared your creation at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely little card with such a cute image. Great colours fir a vintage feel

    Thanks for joining our challenge at cardz4guyz this week

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome DI coloring....I wouldn't have noticed his sunburn it you hadn't of mentioned i.! A very pretty CAS card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Design! Love what you've done with your image! Thank You for joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps this week!
    Hugs, Dangina
    Mycarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super vintage themed card, Holly - fab colouring and I love your faux stitching to add another element. Thanx for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz and good luck.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely male card, thanks for joining in the fun with us.
    Hugs
    Jo dt
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully made and I love the colouring.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so super cute!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget