Saturday, 3 January 2015

Evie Fabulous

Soooo, this is an older make - I actually made this for my niece Evie's birthday back in November.


It was a last minute make as I was going through my rubbish at making cards stage due to lack of inspiration and (probably) too much sewing to do - she got an Elsa dress for her birthday from me.

I used an LOTV art pad image, as I thought this one looked like Evie, which I layered onto purple card.  I also used an LOTV 'fabulous' sentiment, which I had stamped a while ago in dusty concord distress ink.  I also layered this onto purple card.  I backed the two panels with some gauze (which I thought went well with the spider-web in the image) and then some pink spotty paper.  I wrapped a bit of pink baker's twine around the top left-hand and bottom right-hand corners of the card.  I added various colours and shapes of buttons on each corner of the card and two corners of the image panel.  

I die-cut Evie's name from some card and attached this above the image panel.  I used a flat-backed pearl as the dot on the eye.  I also used flat-backed pearls on the corners of the fabulous panel.  I also made a little bow from some pink ribbon and added this at the end of the name.

To finish the card, I made a little bouquet from some pink roses from my stash, a swirly thing from The Ribbon Girl, some leaf pins and pearl pins, also from The Ribbon Girl, all tied with a ribbon.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous birthday card! Love the soft colors & the image is delightful! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for the weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sentiment on a beautiful card! Love all your added embellishments too! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous is right!! great card---perfect for your niece! Thanks for joining us over on the HIMCR this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet and I love all the fabulous embellishments! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Thank you for joining in with the challenge at The Crafting Café. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully layered card - gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe for January's Lots of Layers Challenge, and good luck!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget