Saturday, 24 January 2015

Fly Away

Sooooo, after watching Top Gun (for the umpeenth time - I don't even object to the fact that this film has Tom Cruise in it, nor that he rides a motorbike without a helmet - stupid boy!), I remembered that I had this little LOTV stamp, and I was on a bit of a cardmaking spree, so the two naturally collided into a card. 


I stamped this little dude with blank memento ink and then coloured him up with promarkers (although I am still preferring my distress inks :-/).  I knew I was going to make this into a card for a boy, so I used lots of bright colours.

I had coloured in mind with using some LOTV paper for the card, but then when I was searching through my papers box, I came across some docraft papers.  They are supposedly Christmas papers, but there is not a Christmas icon on any of them, so they make perfect boy papers.

I used some spotty and some stripey with the same colourways as I love spots and stripes together, put one at my standard jaunty angle and fixed it all to some red card.

To finish, I stamped an LOTV sentiment onto some red card and fixed it in some white space on the card.

Et voila!

I would like  to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

13 comments:

  1. Lovely. Great layout. Thank you for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys Challenge. - Myrna January 2015 Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super boys card . Bold bright colours and a plane or two what more could a little chap want .
    Thanks for joining in and sharing on Open-minded Crafting Fun challenge .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't beat a LOTV image IMHO!
    Great choice of dps and grungy sentiment.
    Thanks for joining us at Cardz4Guyz this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image and I love the bright colours

    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love LOTV images, they are so perfect, a wonderful card. I love your layers. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz, we hope to see you again. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top Gun is an awesome movie to be inspired by, perfect little boy creation. Thanks for sharing on the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge #28 - Movie Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Boys card,i like LOTV stamps so much ,adorable image.
    Thank you so much for joining us at ILoveProMarkers this week. Good luck!
    Hugs Gudrun DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous masculine card, I love the image. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  9. A cute little guys card. Jacqui DT Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Left of Center! Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card! Love that image and the way you have colored it! Thanks for playing with us at LOC Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute card! how fun! thanks for joining us at open-minded crafting fun challenges!!

    lovies, =o) kel
    open-minded DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget