Sunday, 18 January 2015

The Little Mermaid

Sooooo, our holiday is booked for December 2015.  Only problem is, my husband won't tell me where we're going.  How am I supposed to make myself a fabulous holiday wardrobe if I don't know where I'm going I ask?!!!??!?!??  He NEEDS to tell me.  I hate not knowing things, which means I hate surprises, and he know this, so he deliberately doesn't tell me things just to annoy me,  Then, to top it off, because he wanted  to play on his Xbox/PS3 when he got back from the travel agents, I got kicked upstairs into my craft room . . .  grrrrrr.  

Benefit of being in my craft room - I made a few cards and it is one of those I will share with you now:


I stamped and coloured up this LOTV mermaid a couple of weeks back, but hadn't turned it into a card.

This little lady is stamped in black memento and coloured with promarkers.  I think I am still preferring my distress inks, but I do get the old promarkers out every now and again.  After all, it's where I started!  To finish the image, I added a little bit of glitter to her wings (should mermaids have wings? are they in fact supposed to be something else?).

Anyway, I decided this afternoon to make this into a card.

I used a 5x5 card again and used papers all from an LOTV paper pack, with some pink card as a base.  

I added some extra detail to the image panel.  I added some faux stitching (which went a little wrong) and I stamped an LOTV label using my new rose memento ink.  I then added a little pale green flat backed pearl.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

10 comments:

  1. WOW that is a cute perfectly coloured mermaid .Love the Faux stitching looks just like my real stitching ..LOL
    Thanks for sharing on Open - Minded Crafting Fun Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Holly. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card, the mermaid is so cute. Thanks for playing along with the DRS designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is such an adorable image!! Love how you colored it with soft colors, great design too. Thank you for playing along with DRS Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet, fresh and bright perfect for putting you in the summer mood. Jacqui DT Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cute card hun, pretty colours, thank you for entering the Glitter n Sparkle challenge & hope to see more of your work x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card, I love your coloring! Thanks so much for sharing at Stampavie and More Challenge!

    Hugs, Marja
    Stampavie and More DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great movies to be inspired by. Love your designer papers and your coloring of the mermaid. Thanks for sharing on the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge #28 - Movie Insiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that little mermaid!! So sweet - thanks for joining us at Pile it on! Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. so super cute!! what pretty colors... and a beautiful layout! thanks for joining us at open-minded crafting fun challenges!!

    lovies, =o) kel
    open-minded DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget