Sooo, this morning, while I'm procrastinating at the whole getting dressed and actually doing something, I thought I would share a card with you that I made last weekend at the request from the big boss lady at work - not that a request from the managing partner puts any strain on you whatsoever you understand :-p
Anyway, the request was for a new baby boy card, and here is the finished product:
Not only was the request from the MP bad enough, but I had also completely lost my card-making mojo, but I couldn't exactly say this and refuse the request could I?
So, I spent ages just sat at my desk trying to come up with some ideas. I probably should have been studying if I'm honest, but hey hum, pig's bum - that doesn't seem to be going too well at the moment either . . . oops! I'm blaming my current apathy towards doing anything other than catching up on the American crap (as the hubby refers to to) I have recorded on my Sky+ box on the fact that my B12 levels are super low (waking up is soooo difficult, never mind getting dressed and all that jazz) and I'm now just waiting patiently for my injection a week tomorrow, when I will hopefully once again find myself with energy and enthusiasm to do shizzle - I have a busy March ahead of me (not a single free weekend) - I'd better have energy. Luckily, this lack of energy has not affected my general awesomeness :-)
Anyway, back to my card. After spending ages just looking at the stuff I had on my desk, I knew that I wanted to use my new stamp and die set which I got from Stampin' Up and which I am luuurving. And then, I found these balloons which my big sister had lovingly die cut (for hours - 150 in total) for a project I will share with you soon, and I thought they would be perfect for a baby card.
I used three different sizes as I had decided to go with an 8x8 card, which I need to order some more of, as there would be a few people signing the card.
I layered up some patterned paper (from LOTV) onto some plain blue, and then added a white panel. As I had my sewing machine out, with blue thread in it (coincidence - I think not baby puppy!), I decided to stitch the layers together (saves glue!).
I then die-cut the 'hello' from matching blue glittery paper to the balloons, attached a baby foot charm onto the bottom of the 'e' and stuck this to the card. I then stamped 'baby' in teal (a bit darker so you can see it) and attached the balloons.
I drew 'strings' for the ballons with a glittery pen, added a white ribbon bow at the bottom and added a blue star button from my stash to finish.
I actually quite like the finished product and will no doubt make some more, maybe in pink and neutral too, and possibly in smaller sizes (I have loads of the charms, but might need to source some more star buttons).
I would like to enter this into the following challenges: