Saturday, 21 February 2015

Holly

Sooooo this is another card which was made a while ago, but which I hadn't got round to blogging about (I'm slowly but surely catching up when I have bursts of writing inspiration and a spot of energy).


This card was an order from a friend for his goddaughter, Holly.

I started by stamping an LOTV sentiment with dusty concord distress ink.  I then layered this onto some coordinating purple card.

I then decided to use a large 8x8 card and layered up some purple card and some floral LOTV paper.  Sorry, I can't remember which paper pack this is from.  I then wrapped this panel with some floral ribbon from my stash, making a bow with the scrap that was left over.

I die-cut 'Holly' and 'happy' from the left over purple card scraps and smothered these in glossy accents to make them shiny.  I added these to the card when they had dried.  In hindsight, I should have attached them to the card then added the glossy accents maybe?

I then die-cut both a circle and a scalloped circle and layered these up.  I added a blue glittery '11' to the centre of the circle and then stamped 'goddaughter' around the edge, again with dusty concord distress ink.

To finish the card, I used a glittery blue pen to add dots in the corners of the card and the corners of the sentiment panel.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx









8 comments:

  1. Such a cheerful card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week, good luck and I hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card. Love all the flowers. Thanks for sharing at The Pink Elephant Challenge! Hope you join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab card for an 11 year old! they're so hard to get it right with! Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew! Irene DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, love the colours. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card.Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at CFAS. Hugs Tina (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget