Sunday, 22 February 2015

Spiffing!

Sooo, studying is not going too well this afternoon - every time I pick up a book I fall asleep, so I though instead I would share with you another card (you are being bombarded this weekend and I apologise, but when I gotta write, I gotta write.  Just wish I had the 'gotta read all about Ovid, but hey hum pig's bum).

Anyway, I actually made this card with my Gramps in mind, but his burpday isn't until October, so I will probably have thought of something else by then:


I started with thee moustache, which I die-cut using a relatively new Sizzix die, and then I built the rest of the card around it, which mostly involved cutting out a hat shape and two circles.  I tried die-cutting the outer circle, but I started getting annoyed as they weren't the correct width, so I ended up (badly) doing one by hand - note to self - buy better stacking circle dies.  The inner circle is die cut.

To finish the monocle, an oblong of card was needed and I stamped the sentiment - a little wonkily, but I'll practice.  I drew a narrow border around the panel and layered onto black card.

This was made on an 8x8 card by the way - anything else was just too small.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Right, I'm going to make another attempt at some studying . . .

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! I like your CAS design and fun sentiment! So glad you linked up with us at Glitter n Sparkle for our "Black and White" challenge. Best of luck in our prize draw!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Thank you for sharing with us at the CRAFT Challenge. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card... perfect for a male. Thanks for sharing with us over at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with us at LOC - I hope we see you again, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a spiffing idea! Love it. I am always looking for great men's cards and this is one of them so thank you so much for sharing at Left of Center. Also hey ho pig's bum is my new favourite phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card. I love the tash!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle.

    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget