Sunday, 26 April 2015

Lazy Afternoon

Sooooo, I had a very productive morning today.  In a bid to avoid doing any uni work, I made loads of cards.   I finally got bored at 16!!!  I don't think I have ever made 16 cards in one sitting before (well, actually two sittings, as I decided to go back to bed for a bit half way through), but the card box at work is looking extremely empty and drastic action was required, so I had set aside to day for creativity.  I just didn't expect to be so creative.

I don't know if I will ever get round to blogging all 16 of the things, but I will blog some of them (until my hands no longer want to type anyway, or the urge to actually finish off writing my assignment - 2000 words on the impact of the emergence of sophist thinking on the reception of Greek mythology anyone?!)  


So first up is actually the first card I made, and is aptly named as, following my busy morning, I spent a good hour this afternoon asleep on the sofa, which is what the hubby is doing now.  For some reason though the football still seems  to be on the telly - everything I try to change channel he wakes up and claims to not be asleep but 'listening to it'.  I don't know how he can listen over the volume of snoring coming from him, but maybe you don't hear your own snores?!

Anyway, I made this card using an LOTV vintage boys art pad image and a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.

The giant gingham checky things paper is from an old Dovecraft paper pack and I simply needed to add some blue satin ribbon from my stash and some hole-punched from a scrap of blue card circles in the top right hand corner - voila! one quick card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great card! Love the image and that gingham just makes a perfect background for him. I'm so glad you could join us for the QKR Stampede weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little guy! Love the gingham background! My hanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I love the image paired with the gingham background for that "down home" feel! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week! Fabulous card :) hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great guy card. Love your coloring on this great image. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget