Sunday, 9 August 2015

Agadoo...doo...doo...

... push pineapple, shake a tree
Agadoo ... doo ... doo ...
Push pineapple grind coffee
To the left, to the right
Jump up and down and to the knees
Come and dance every night sing with a hula melodeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee . . .

Soooo, this song is just perfect for a quick and simple project I finished recently . . .

My l'ananas t-shirt:

definitely need bigger pineapples

However, I think I need bigger pineapples (ooo-eeer), but I ran out of sequins . . . 

I may make it bigger when I remember to go get more sequins, I may just leave it as is.  I haven't decided yet.

work in progress
Anyway, just a quick post as this was an easy peasy lemon squeezy project and those that follow me on Instagram (@HolzMolzPolz) will have seen this in production, so have probably figured out how is was made.

my original design
doodle
The t-shirt is just a plain £4 (I think) one from T'Asda and then I simply needed some gold and green sequins.

I drew a pineapple outline on some Burda tissue paper and then put this and the tshirt in an embroidery hoop.  The sequins were on a string, but I still sewed each one, hiding the thread under the next one.

I think I may have succeeded a bit better if my tissue paper hadn't pretty much dissolved by the time I had finished the green bit, so I just decided to do away with it and wing it for the fruit/gold bit, which I did in a spiral, but with hindsight I should have done this in horizontal lines.  I think it would have looked better.

The result . . . a tres small pineapple.  I think I had been aiming for at least twice the finished size.  I may make it bigger at a later date by adding more gold around the edges, or even starting again, but I'm not too sure.  I do like it as it is, even if it isn't quite how I had originally planned.

Anyway, I love love love adding sequins to otherwise plain boring t-shirts and I have just purchased some lovely bright pink sequins for my next sequinning session.  However, having done this, I think to make the size I want to make (can you guess?!), I think I need to go get some more.

Obvs, I will share it with you when it is finished, but in the meantime I have some other projects I am working on, and as usual . . . .

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget