Sunday, 27 March 2016

Jump!!! For My Love .....

Soooo, Happy Easter everyone and I hope you aren't suffering too greatly from the hour less of sleep last night.

Just a quick post today to share with you the Easter present I made for the other niece:


This is the McCalls M7151 Jumpsuit, with modifications . . .

As you know from my previous post, I usually make the nieces pyjamas for Easter, but this year, the youngest (aged 8) asked for a jumpsuit.  I did spend some time trying to talk her out of this, but in the end I'm glad I failed on that one.

The pattern calls for a knit fabric, but I didn't have any in my stash and was a bit too cash and time poor to go shopping for some.  What I did have in my stash was some vintage stretch cotton (I think) which I bought from a vintage fair in Ilkley a while back.  I was going to use it for a shirt dress, but I think this use is waaay better.

I didn't quite have enough fabric to make the full-length trousers, so we went for knee-length.  I did this simply by shortening the pattern.  I toyed with the idea of a lace insert at the side, but in the end decided that nothing I had looked right, so I just left the side seams with a little split in.

Construction was pretty straight forward.  The only thing that really took me any time to figure out was how to attach the straps at the back.  I got there with it in the end . . . with a little help from hubby  to decipher the instructions.

The pattern does call for a bow made from the same fabric.  I did try to do this, but then got annoyed with it so added a little ribbon bow at the front of the elasticated waist.

I took it to Evie last week, and she insisted on wearing it there and then . . . well, the weather was quite nice that day.  We went to the park and it held up well to playing and she has asked for some more for her summer holidays.  I'm sure I can manage that and I keep looking out for some awesome jerseys.  I might also try out some wovens.  

I posted the pic on facebook and a friend has already asked me to make some for her girls.  If you want to see the playsuit in action, check out my Instagram @HolzMolzPolz, where you will also be able to see the niece's questionable styling choices.

In the meantime, I am waiting for another nice day to get some pics of my latest make for myself, and I am on with the most gorgeous dress for a 3-year old.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

1 comment:

  1. This fabric is lovely and perfect for this pattern. What a special Auntie you are. Looking forward to seeing the little dress K xXx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget