Sooo, I don't often share my Pippa dress makes these days. If you want to see them, please visit my HolzMolzPolz Etsy shop, but the latest one I have made is so very beautiful that I just HAVE to share it with the world.
This was a commission from my friend, Caroline, whose friend is expecting a little girl in June. My brief was 'pink and girly'. So, I set about trying to find the perfect pink fabric. I found loads of pink fabrics, but not one of them was quite right. Then I bought some lilac fairies Michael Miller cotton from The Little Fabric Bazaar, totally by coincidence - not intention towards Caroline's dress was there, but she like the photo I posted up on Facebook and an idea was born . . . I wonder if I could get that fabric in pink.
I searched all my usual fabric stores, bricks & mortar and online, and finally found some on eBay, just as I was about to give up hope and try to convince Caroline that lilac was so much better than pink. Anyway, I ordered it straight away, pre-washed and ironed it, and then it say in the fabric stash for a couple of weeks while I caught up with everything I was doing - mostly alterations!
Anyway, I cut an age 6 months (which I usually only do for commissions) and cut some pink satin lining to go with it. I think I can make these things in my sleep now, so altogether from cutting to final stitch, I think this one took me no more than two hours.
|how beautiful is the glitter on the|
I was quite careful of print placement, wanting to get a column of fairies down the centre front, which I have managed to do, and not be cutting fairy heads off anywhere it could be avoided.
I just love love love the glitter on the fairy wings on this fabric (and have made myself a skirt from a similar fabric simply for the glitter wings), and decided to go with the glitter theme and get some pink glitter buttons from eBay and I used some sheer organza ribbon to make a little bow. I didn't want to put anything else on the dress really, as it would then distract from the awesomeness of the fabric.
I was going to put the ribbon on the neckline, but decided on such a little one that it would probably irritate, so I moved the bow to near the bottom and attached it to a flower stalk to make it look as though the little flower is now a gift . . . genius I know :-)
Anyway, that is it. I just thought it was too pretty not to share.